IT Security Analyst
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Security Analyst to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate both a deep and broad conceptual understanding of IT security and the ability to work in a global team environment. S/he should have great knowledge of how attackers infiltrate business systems. This role requires an eye for detail and the ability to anticipate future issues.
As the Security Analyst, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investigate IT security incidents and threats
- Coordinate with stakeholders to organize incident response
- Continually enhance and add to incident handling protocols and tools
- Keep abreast of the greater threat landscape and its underlying technologies
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. The role is part of a 24/7/365 operation with analysts in key locales. Security Analysts work standard hours in their region with an on- call rotation for to ensure coverage for handling critical incidents. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
- 2+ years of experience with event and incident handling products and technologies (e.g., SIEM, HIDS/NIDS, AV, etc.)
- 2+ years of incident handling in a similar operational environment, such as a corporate incident response team
- Subject matter expert in at least one of Windows, Unix, firewalls, intrusion detection, or computer forensics
- Ability to grasp the totality of a threat across multiple technologies
- Uncanny knack for thinking like an adversary
- Deep technical understanding of security incidents and alert triggers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
Skills & Experience
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the following:
- Certifications such as GCIH, GREM, or related SANS certifications
- Extensive experience with penetration testing and forensics
- Understanding of TCP/IP and other networking concepts
- Experience analyzing malware to glean attack vectors and purposes
- Ability to innovate new protections against network threats
- Superior ability to organize and present complicated projects to a wide variety of audiences
- Results-oriented with an absolute commitment to the highest level of quality
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation
- Strong presentation and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many
- different types of audiences
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.