IT Security Engineer - PKI
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented IT Security Engineer to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate conceptual understanding of cryptography, encryption, and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). S/he should be able to both engineer and support various technologies used to ensure the secure encryption and decryption of sensitive business information.
As the IT Security Engineer your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build, maintain, and support internal and external PKI systems
- Document PKI systems to ensure proper support information and procedures are available
- Troubleshoot issues escalated from operations teams to assist customers
- Liaise with team members and customers on a global scale
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
- 5+ years of experience with cryptography, PKI, and certificate lifecycle management
- Solid grounding in X.509, RSA, and other certificate management processes
- Experience managing Microsoft Certificate Services
- Familiarity with commercial Certificate Authority providers
- Excellent skills authoring Certificate Policies and Certification Practice Statements (CP/CPS)
- Outstanding grasp of secure coding techniques as they relate to IT security principals
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline
Skills & Experience
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the following:
- Top-end problem-solving skills
- Practice using issue tracking systems such as Jira
- Understanding of enterprise authentication and Web security practices
- Familiarity with change management processes and related documentation protocols
- Fluency with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Inherent appreciation for scalable applications development
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many
- different types of audiences
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.