We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Splunk Engineer to join a fast- paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate in-depth understanding of SEIM and provide highest level of security consultancy and engineering support of Security Analytics platforms. S/He must have strong experience with Linux Administration and understanding of enterprise Splunk security and analytics.
As the Security Splunk Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design, Configure, implement and administer Splunk
- Perform Content Development to properly identify data feeding SIEM’s and correlation of events
- Onboard and cleanse data sources using best practices for CIM compliance field extraction and data model optimizations
- Provide production support, root cause analysis, troubleshooting, health monitoring, etc.
- Participate in architecture of security analytics infrastructure design, implementation, testing, performance analysis, optimization, operations, monitoring/metrics, problem resolution, upgrades, process management, capacity planning, reporting, tuning and documentation, using the firm�s tools, policies, processes and procedures
- Research latest trend in the market and recommend new tools and technologies that will improve the security and business needs
- Create Documentation and security policies
This is a full-time, direct employment in New York, NY. Salary is open based on experience & qualifications
- 3+ years of experience engineering and deploying analytics and SIEM solutions in a large enterprise environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- 1+ year Hands-on Experience with Splunk
Skills and Experience:
- Strong Scripting experience using BASH, Perl, or Python
- Strong Linux administration experience
- Fair understanding of Network and IT Security concepts
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security (ES4) and Splunk ITSI
- Development experience with Java
- Experience working on any Big Data projects
- CISSP, SANS or CeH certifications
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision despite rapidly changing priorities
- Results-oriented with an absolute commitment to the highest level of quality
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation
- Strong presentation and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.