IT Security Architect
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented IT Security Architect to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate fantastic knowledge of the mobile technology and application security space, and have extensive general technology experience. S/he will also have excellent risk management, communications, and time management skills.
As the IT Security Architect, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead deep assessments pertaining to security architecture to ensure compliance
- Judge and weigh risk priorities with respect to business risks
- Assess and provide technology risks and requirements
- Review security blueprints periodically to validate, update, and enhance standards and protocols
- Execute direct assessments of mobile applications and platforms
- Write and present position papers and knowledge articles pertaining to performed testing and research
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, enterprise-level environment
- Profound experience conducting and presenting assessments and audits of information security and IT security
- Thorough exposure to mobile, application, network, and platform security vulnerabilities
- Natural ability to effectively present security vulnerabilities to developers, senior management, and other stakeholders
- Experience reviewing technical and functional designs and requirements to diagnose flaws
- Working experience in SAML, SiteMinder, Kerberos, OpenID, entitlements and identity management, data protection, data leakage prevention, secure data transfer and storage, app security and validation checking, software attack methodologies, cryptography, and encryption and hashing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience in the finance sector and CISSP or other industry qualifications preferred
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the following:
- Knowledge of the layers of the standard network model and their associated risks
- Knowledge of various network equipment and architectures
- Knowledge of major operating systems, their configuration and management, and associated risks
- Experience with testing tools such as Veracode, Fortify, OunceLabs, AppScan, WebInspect, or Burp Development
- Extensive prior experience in programming, design, and application architecture
- Experience implementing complex, enterprise-scale applications
- Strong presentation, written, and oral skills, adjusting based on intended audience
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders with logical, factual reasoning
- Phenomenal time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation to deliver high-quality results
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.