IT Security Engineer - Kerberos
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Authentication and Identity Management Engineer to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate extensive knowledge of the Kerberos protocol. S/he should be a cross-discipline engineer with wide-ranging experience in identity and access management and will design and implement mission-critical, cross-platform Kerberos projects to meet business needs.
As the Authentication and Identity Management Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Function as the subject matter expert for Kerberos on the IT security engineering team
- Work on the global Kerberos engineering team to cover Kerberos operations
- Engineer, test, deploy, and support MIT Kerberos extensions
- Ensure proper maintenance of Kerberos components on both the client and server side
- Build and implement patches to upgrade Kerberos capabilities
- Cooperate with stakeholders from other teams to gather business requirements and address them with deliverable solutions
- Guide, advise, and assist with cross-platform Kerberos integrations
- Be the engineering escalation contact for Kerberos
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
- 5+ years of experience working with the Kerberos protocol in a global enterprise environment
- Extremely deep understanding of identity and access management concepts, such as authentication, authorization, and auditing
- Extensive experience with cryptography and cryptographic processes
- Excellent practical skills with C, C++, or Java development
- Good facility with the Software Development Lifecycle Management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
Skills & Experience
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the following:
- Practical experience in systems integration
- Aptitude administering Linux systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., shell scripting Python)
- Talented process analyst with an eye for optimization and automation
- Strong technical documentation and communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.