Insider Threat Analyst
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Insider Threat Analyst to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a profound understanding of Insider Threats and the ability to work in a global team environment. S/he should have a deep knowledge of various technologies used to scrutinize and avert threats to data security. This role requires a subject matter expert who can contribute to policy and technology upgrades and implementation with a good instinct for figuring out compromises between usability and security.
As the Insider Threat Analyst, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Constantly be on the lookout for new ways to enhance threat management to safeguard against an ever-changing threat landscape
- Recommend updated technical controls and facilitation their implementation
- Assess prior incidents and perform trend analysis to identify methods used over time
- Continually analyze, research, and verify use cases to grow and maintain the accuracy of the catalog
- Help develop and execute Insider Threat training materials.
- Organize ongoing stakeholder activities with respect to monitoring, analysis, remediation, and mitigation
- Assist development of KPI reports of Insider Threats to senior management
- Utilize extant tools to collate and report on large pools of data
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
- 5+ years of experience in insider threat investigation or counter-intelligence
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related
Skills & Experience
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the following:
- At least one Information Security certification such as CRISC, CISSP, or CISM
- Experience with incident response and crisis management
- Familiarity with the latest trends in cyber security
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Great aptitude for collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Proficiency with Symantec DLP, Qlikview, Splunk, Securonix, Varonis, or similar products
- Deep knowledge of operating systems, databases, interfaces, logging, and other hardware and software
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of translating highly technical concepts into insights for managerial and non-technical audiences
- Strong presentation and written skills
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.