Sr. Technical Project Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Technical Project Manager to join a fast- paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a proven track record of working with interdisciplinary, international teams to deliver on-time, on-budget project resolutions, as well as excellent leadership abilities. S/he will institute both tactical and strategic changes to meet goals set by senior management stakeholders, obtaining buy-in through superior trust-building via data-driven tracking and reporting, in addition to total fluency with the project and its components.
As the Senior Technical Project Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Directly drive progress with a confident can-do, but not sycophantic attitude
- Proactively coordinate and multi-task to keep work moving smartly and correctly
- Respond to project demands and manage competing priorities, escalating when appropriate
- Keep track of all the moving parts in large, long-term projects to ensure good progress
- Liaise with senior management, technical engineers, operations support, and risk teams
- Act as a project stakeholder and take direct control when and if necessary
- Manage project plans, track risks, accommodate setbacks, and establish dependencies
- Give presentations and deliver status reports
- Ensuring excellent meeting and communications documentation
- 10+ years of experience managing medium- to large-scale, multidisciplinary, multi-year information technology projects
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance, Business Management, or a related discipline
- Excellent scheduling, estimation, and organizational skills
- Expertise with standard project management software (e.g., MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent and flexible communicator who can get the message across concisely and in an audience-appropriate manner
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification is a plus
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the following:
- Infrastructural knowledge of Windows and Linux, especially with respect to IT security
- Deep experience with the PMI approach and its applications
- Extensive knowledge of SLDC principles
- Superior out-of-the-box problem-solver
- Incredible customer-service and communications skills
- Detail-oriented with an absolute commitment to the highest level of quality
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.