We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Systems/Network Engineer to join a fast- paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate both a deep and broad conceptual understanding of IT systems in Lab environment. S/he should have a deep knowledge handling Network, Linux, Storage, Virtualization hardware and software assets in labs, installing, configuring, administering and optimizing services. You will be working closely with global engineering & operations teams and disaster recovery teams.
As the Systems/Network Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing installations, configuration, automation, troubleshooting, administration and support of Unix, Network, Virtualization and Storage running on diversified hardware
- As needed, work with research team to research on different Linux distros and open-source technologies like Red Hat, CentOS, CoreOS, Openstack
- Create right conditions and environment for testing new technologies or proof of concepts
- Create and maintain documentation that could be used by various audience from engineers to project managers
- Provide off-hours or weekend support as needed for mission critical installs or building powerdown
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
- 5 year of experience with Linux/Network solutions in lab environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Strong experience with Linux RHEL kernel level performance and tuning of operating systems and hardware architecture including clustering, volume management, file systems, configuring network and storage services
Skills and Experience:
- Data Center operations management experience including performing IMAC (Install, Move, Add Change), logistics and asset life-cycle management.
- Experience using Solarflare L2 cards and Corvil, Arista Tap Aggregation switches , Mellanox, cisco switches and routers
- Strong experience in Scripting using shell, Perl, Python, Bash or Korn
- Virtualization experience using esxi, networking and san storage
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs hardware if necessary
- Experience with Open source application tools such as Perforce, Git, Jenkins, Eclipse, etc
- Project Management experience
- Ability to evaluate new hardware or drivers into an OS build
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision despite rapidly changing priorities
- Results-oriented with an absolute commitment to the highest level of quality
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation
- Strong presentation and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.