Linux Endpoint Security Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Linux Endpoint Security Engineer to join a fast- paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a thorough mastery of Linux security agents and tooling used in enterprise security operations. A proven track record of completing design and engineering projects both independently and as part of a global team is essential.
As the Linux Endpoint Security Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze, design, engineer, and develop Linux-based endpoint security solutions
- Consult for other IT security teams to identify best practices and technical solutions
- Provide architecture assurance for security initiatives
- Function in a global team to harmonize support standards
- Act as a high-level troubleshooter for escalated support tickets
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate all security-focused tools and services
- Liaise with and escalate to other internal and external teams when necessary
- Innovate and enforce security policies and best practices
- Offer advice for business continuity planning and practices
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
- 7+ years of IT security engineering experience in a global finance enterprise environment
- Tremendous understanding with the architecture, engineering, and automation of all aspects of
- RHEL/Solaris Security solutions, including antivirus, encryption, APT controls, sandboxing, OS hardening, and RBAC
- Mastery of the RHEL/Solaris Operating System, including kernel debugging, application control, application containers and OS-level virtualization
- Deep aptitude with RHEL (7+) SELinux, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Luks, and Solaris Zones
- Extremely deep knowledge of networks and firewall infrastructures
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
Skills & Experience
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the following:
- Documented scripting ability in Perl or Python
- Effective troubleshooting skills across all components of the plant (HW, OS, network, storage)
- General networking skills, such as with firewalls, routing, NAT, the OSI model, packet tracing and analysis, etc.
- Experience using various programming languages such as C, Java, SQL, Ruby
- SIEM experience with Splunk is a bonus
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Strong presentation and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.