We are looking for highly skilled security engineers to join a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environment managing a global cutting edge security infrastructure. We're seeking extremely motivated, self-directing individuals that demonstrate a natural curiosity and innate interest in technology and security. All candidates must possess a sincere interest in the technological beyond their day to day work responsibilities. Candidates must demonstrate very strong conceptual understanding of security and networking and the ability to work in a global team environment.
This is for direct full time employment in Montreal, Quebec. Salary is open, based on experience.
Practical Knowledge & Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
- 1-3 years' conceptual work experience or research where Security has been a significant focus or the next logical step
- CISSP, CCNP or Juniper certification
- Must be able to demonstrate problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- In depth understanding of OSI model, how each layer operates and how security is applied at each layer
The successful candidate will possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate understanding of the following:
- In depth understanding of IP, TCP, UDP, FTP, DNS, ARP
- Hands on experience configuring and troubleshooting security devices (Cisco PIX/ASA, Juniper/NetScreen, IPFilter, IP Tables)
- Understands packet filtering and stateful packet inspection and the differences between them
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of packet capture and analysis using snoop, tcpdump or similar tools
- Intermediate Unix System administration experience
- Understanding of Authentication (Radius, MIT Kerberos) and Encryption (SSL, IPSec)
- Network Engineering (TCP, DNS, SMTP, routing protocols)